Congratulations are due to Laurent Pedrini, our Manager – Corporate Real Estate Services, who has joined the swelling ranks of Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) Chartered Surveyors at RealCorp.
When did you receive the qualification?
I passed the RICS accreditation in Brussels on November 28 and will be allowed to make public use of my MRICS title as from December 15.
How long did it take to study for it?
Well, I followed the Senior Professional path which requires one to hold at least ten years’ experience in Real Estate. So, in a way, I’ve been studying for it for over ten years!
I had to describe my experience with the writing of three case studies of some 5-600 words each which were the basis for an interview. I elected to conduct the interview in English as most of my clients are English-speaking. It took me some three months to write the case studies and their annexes, with the help of my counselor and of Erwan Varron MRICS (Asset Manager, RealCorp) who trained me and provided knowledge of valuation.
3. What does the Senior Professional path entail?
The Senior Professional path focuses on personal experience of Real Estate and how it complies with RICS ethics and business methods.
Special attention is brought to the five RICS rules :
- Take responsibility
- Treat others with respect
- Act in a way that promotes trust in the profession
- Act with integrity
- Always provide a high standard of services to clients
Did you specialize in any aspect?
I passed the RICS “Commercial Practice” which applies mostly to real estate brokerage.
I personally emphasized the necessity to:
- Improve the image of real estate brokerage in the market
- Comply with recognized ethics and a respected way of doing business
- Know valuation methods well to deliver reliable information to clients
- Show our clients we are structured
- Show transparency at any stage of our assignment
Are you glad you did it and why?
Of course. RICS membership is a recognition by my peers of my expertise in Real Estate. It also reassures my clients of my dedication to delivering a high standard of services.
RICS at RealCorp Luxembourg
RealCorp’s management team now includes three Chartered Surveyors:
- Managing Director, Michael Chidiac MRICS
- Asset Manager, Erwan Varron MRICS
- Manager – Corporate Real Estate Services, Laurent Pedrini MRICS
For more information on the value of the RICS standard, see these posts on our blog:
How can RealCorp’s Chartered Surveyors help you?
Contact Michael Chidiac MRICS re Valuation and Advisory or Search and Selection.
Contact Erwan Varron MRICS re Asset Management.
Contact Laurent Pedrini MRICS re Acquisitions and Disposals, Landlord Rep., Tenant Rep..
Post updated 16 June 2015